[free-software-melb] FSM Aug 20 - FLOSS and The Commons

PuZZleDucK puzzleduck at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 00:17:38 AEST 2020

Hey all,

The concept of the Commons has been coming up at a few meetups recently and
we thought it might be interesting to explore the topic during this months
meetup. The Commons is a broad and diverse topic so we'll just be looking
at a small slice of it and discuss how it might relate to Free and Open
Source Software.

We'll have a few short prepared talks about the history and philosophy of
the commons, how this concept has been interpreted in the context of
software licensing and then we'll probably have some time for more general
discussion around the topic.

Please note the later than usual starting time, we're experimenting around
the new online experience so please give feedback on what you think in the
meetup chat. As usual we'll be meeting up on Big Blue Meeting, so all you
need is your browser, and all are welcome.

Details:
Thursday 20th August, 7:30-8:30pm
BBB Room: https://freesoftwareau.bigbluemeeting.com/pau-9ti-iea
Short video intro to BBB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYYnryIM0Uw
Meeting Tips: Be sure to test your audio on the way in. Your mic will be
muted when you join the room. Headsets are recommended to reduce any
feedback.