[free-software-melb] City of Casey final draft

Andrew McGlashan andrew.mcglashan at affinityvision.com.au
Tue Jun 21 03:22:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 21/06/2016 6:01 AM, Ben M wrote:
> I've mashed up all our ideas and suggestions and have something rather
> presentable here: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/fsm-City-of-Casey

Some great work, reading through it now.

Just a couple of quick points.

- local councils are not local government
   - perhaps change "in relation to government" to
       "in relation to governance of the people"

- licensing
   - volume licensing from Micro$oft often requires EVERY single,
     possible user to be included in the license count.
     - therefore, I am not sure how it can be claimed that you can
       easily lessen license cost, even if some employees are
       /sometimes/ excludable from the license count.  It is normal
       for server users to need CALs (client access licenses),
       there may be situations where users can't be excluded if the
       license is needed at all.  I hate M$ licensing very much,
       not only is it very costly, but it is often confusing.

Still reading through, but thought it might be best to get people
thinking about the above before the deadline arrives.  Is the deadline
actually close of business today?

Cheers
A.