[free-software-melb] Successful BBQ!

Alex Fraser alex at phatcore.com
Wed Jan 23 00:56:32 EST 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for a great evening last Thursday. We had a good turnout, with
15 people coming along despite the heat. In addition to those from
FSM, four members of the Pirate Party joined in, and it was good to
talk about how our interests overlap.

We collected a whopping $290 from the attendees. All up the food cost
just over $150, leaving $140 for the nominated charity. So tonight I
donated 150USD* on behalf of the group to the Free Software
Foundation's End Software Patents Coalition Fund[1]. Thanks, everyone,
for contributing!

As an aside, I asked for the donation to be made public, but I can't
see where the FSF lists donations. Does anyone know? I guess it might
not come through for a day or two, anyway.

See you next month,
Alex

[1] https://my.fsf.org/donate/directed-donations/esp
* ~141.95AUD