[free-software-melb] November meeting and audio recordings

Ben Sturmfels ben at stumbles.id.au
Tue Jan 8 14:24:42 EST 2013

Hi Folks,

Back on the 15 November, we had two great talks by Adam Bolte and
Ben Finney on running free software network services from home and
privacy on the web respectively. Thanks very much to Adam and Ben.

As an experiment to allow us to reach a wider audience, we recorded both
the audio and video from these talks. I've edited the audio recordings
and uploaded them here:

http://archive.org/details/NetworkServicesFromHome
http://archive.org/details/PrivacyOnTheWeb

The videos and slides may also be available at these URLs shortly, just
working out some logistics.

We also had a gold-coin donation to Software in the Public Interest
<http://spi-inc.org>. We collected $14. I've rounded the donation up to
$20 and transferred to SPI via credit card.

As you may have read, we ended up postponing the December barbeque and instead
having a casual dinner. Despite the late notice, we ended up with around 10
people there, which was great. Plenty of interesting discussion was had (as well
as some tasty Korean food).

The postponed BBQ will now be held on 17 January 2013. We'll send
details later this week. The games night will be held in February.

Regards,