[free-software-melb] Free software discussion group this Thursday

Ben Finney ben+freesoftware at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jul 19 13:56:52 UTC 2011

Ben Sturmfels <ben at stumbles.id.au> writes:

> Some suggestions for discussion:
>
>  - Gauging interest in a "your first free software bug-fix" session

I've suggested perhaps broadening interest in such an event: many people
may be more familiar with, for example, fixing an error on a Wikipedia
page.

> Don't forget to listen in to Triple RRR's "Byte Into It" show at 7pm
> to see how much free software Ben Finney can slip into the discussion!

Thanks, Ben. To be clear, the show is on Wednesday nights. I'll be on
this week, 2011-07-20 from 19:00–20:00.

> Finally, any ideas for alternative meeting places? I'd love to have
> some talks or tutorial sessions, but I don't think the librarians
> would be too excited about that. Any suggestion would be much
> appreciated.

I think Alex has suggested booking a meeting room at his workplace?

--
 \     “[F]reedom of speech does not entail freedom to have your ideas |
  `\    accepted by governments and incorporated into law and policy.” |