[free-software-melb] Byte Into It 2011-11-30: Australian ISPs propose compromise on copyright enforcement

Ben Finney ben+freesoftware at benfinney.id.au
Thu Dec 1 22:10:50 UTC 2011

Howdy all,

For the Byte Into It program on 3RRR 2011-11-30 I was a host
<URL:http://rrrfm.libsyn.com/byte-into-it-30-november-2011>. We spoke
about some software freedom topics:

* Australian ISPs propose a compromise on copyright enforcement. I
  compared it to the violence against “pirates” in South Africa and the
  excellent European Court of Justice constitutional ruling against a
  Belgian copyright maximalist.

* Free software colour management gets a boost with ColorHug, a free
  software device for calibrating colour output on a monitor.

--
 \       “We must find our way to a time when faith, without evidence, |
  `\    disgraces anyone who would claim it.” —Sam Harris, _The End of |