[free-software-melb] Next gathering tomorrow, Thurs 22 July, 6:30pm

Ben Sturmfels ben at stumbles.id.au
Wed Jul 21 02:51:30 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,
Just a reminder that our monthly gathering is on tomorrow evening,
6:30-7:30pm at the State Library of Victoria.

Meet in the foyer just before 6:30. If we've already gone in, feel free
to call me on 0458 925 588. Bags larger than a small backpack/handbag
need to go in the cloak-room ($1 charge).

Agenda:
1. Quick update on open letter on software patents (letter should be
online for signing by then).

2. Quick update on forming an Australian Free Software Association.

3. Show us a free software game you like in a few mins or less. Alex
will bring along the game he's working on, Cargo.

In case you're stuck for ideas: Wesnoth, Wormux, X-Moto, Nexuiz,
Supertux, Overkill, Frozen Bubble, Neverball/Neverputt, Teeworlds.

I'll bring a laptop, so let me know ahead and I can install a game for
you to demo. I realise not everyone's into games, but please don't let
that stop you coming for a look. :)

Cheers,