[free-software-melb] Software Freedom Day, 19th Sep - speakers wanted

James Collier james.collier412 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 05:03:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 23:25 +1000, Brianna Laugher wrote:
> 2009/7/28 James Collier <james.collier412 at gmail.com>:
> > On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 00:48 +1000, Brianna Laugher wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >
> > Hi Briana!
> > Thanks for starting to organise this!
>
> Well I can't take credit for it, I am only organising the talks under
> the auspices of the LUV group (Linux Users of Vic). See
> <http://luv.asn.au/content/sfd09-call-talks-and-workshops>
>
> Are you interested in helping organise stuff?
I'd be very interested in helping to organise things.
> > I have a DVD copy of the documentary "Revolution OS" which I could brin
> > along to be shown.
>
> Looks interesting; I haven't seen it.
> I also have read about a doco called The Codebreakers which I was
> considering organising to show. Perhaps we could have a bit of a
> cinema session...

I saw a very low quality version of "Codebreakers" a while ago although
I can't find it now. I didn't thinks it covered the issues at stake very
well. However it did cover the issue of how people in poorer countries
access technology very well.

--
James Collier <james.collier412 at gmail.com>