[free-software-melb] Income tax returns under GNU/Linux

Tom Wadley tomwadley at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 29 04:13:21 UTC 2008

I submitted mine a while ago but I do remember having problems getting
it
working under wine. Your right that it used to work last year and now it
doesn't. Perhaps try downgrading wine to the version that was current
around tax time 07.

E-Tax isn't the only software requiring a proprietary OS available from
a government site. The vicroads hazard perception test training software
you need to practice with before going to get your P's also requires
Windows and doesn't run on wine.

http://clt.vicroads.vic.gov.au/HazardPerception/HazardDL.aspx

Tom