[free-software-melb-announce] FSM Jul 15th - User Freedom on the Web
committee at freesoftware.org.au
Mon Jul 5 22:08:52 AEST 2021
Free Software Melbourne July 15th - User Freedom on the Web
Free software is defined by the four user freedoms and for a long time these freedoms have been ensured by Free Software licenses like the GPL. While not perfect these licenses help preserve the four freedoms for the kinds of applications we use on our desktop computers that do not involve other computers. Things start to get a bit more complicated when we start making software available over a network and using such software. Mix in the popularity of the World Wide Web and it makes it tricky to preserve these freedoms.
We look forward to seeing you at the online meeting!
P.S. meetup.com is not required for following FSM updates. If you are reading this announcement through meetup.com, the speaker advises that you reduce your dependency on proprietary software required for using meetup.com, by signing up to the FSM mailing list at https://lists.softwarefreedom.com.au/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/free-software-melb for all FSM announcements.
- Thursday, 15th July 2021, 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Join us at: https://meet.glasswings.com.au/b/fsm-iv6-tce-vpu
- Short video intro to Big Blue Button (BBB): https://www.yewtu.be/watch?v=uYYnryIM0Uw
- Meeting Tips:
- Be sure to test your audio on the way in.
- Your mic will be muted when you join the room.
- Headsets are recommended to reduce any feedback.
- Code of Conduct: https://freesoftware.org.au/code-of-conduct
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Free-software-melb-announce