[free-software-melb-announce] FSM Jan 16th - Discussion on inclusion policies & FSM campaigns for 2020

PuZZleDucK puzzleduck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 00:38:52 AEDT 2020

Welcome to 2020 everyone,

We're kicking off the decade by giving you the chance to choose your own
2020 at Free Software Melbourne. Do you want more games nights, hardware
reviews, campaigns or just more pizza! Which campaigns should we continue
our involvement in and what other campaigns are emerging in the new decade
we could lend our weight to? Now's your chance to come along and have your
say about how the next year at Free Software Melbourne will look. This will
be a non technical event and all are welcome to attend and contribute.

We'll all take a look at the campaigns we are currently running like the
AABill and what we can do next. We'll also look at what we need to do to
plan for and participate in events like Melbourne Knowledge Week and
Privacy Week. If you're aware of any other events we could participate in
come along and tell us about it or make suggestions on the mailing list
before the meetup.

As discussed in last years October meeting we will be looking at our
options for an Inclusion policy and deciding on candidates for adoption.
While were adding another policy this seems like an optimal time to review
our current policies and how we present them on the website. Are there
better ways to convey our policies, should they all be grouped together,
are they up to date and serving the functions they are intended to? We'd be
interested to hear ayones experience with inclusion policies or opinions of
good (or bad) inclusion policies you've come across.

So come along to discuss inclusion policies, and help set course for 2020
at Free Software Melbourne. After the meeting we will continue our
discussions over dinner in North Melbourne a short walk away and all are
welcome to join us. Thanks again to Electron Workshop for hosting Free
Software Melbourne and Software Freedom Day for another year.

Details
Thursday 16th January, 6:30-8:00pm
Electron Workshop: 31 Arden St, North Melbourne, Victoria, 3051
Map: http://osm.org/go/uG4HWyqEz?m=&node=2556615434
Travel Tips: http://www.electronworkshop.com.au/map/