[free-software-melb-announce] Scott Junner on social networks, a herd of Gnews and Brian May, Melbourne 18 June

Ben Sturmfels ben at stumbles.id.au
Wed Jun 10 05:13:03 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

It was great to see so many of you last month! Following on from that
discussion, you may be interested to know that GovHack registrations for
Melbourne, Ballarat and Geelong are now open.

This month I'm really looking forward to hearing Scott Junner talk about
free software social networks. Should be really interesting. Ben M will
be presenting the Gnews, our monthly wrap-up of free software current
affairs and Brian May will tell us why free software is an important
part of his life.

We'll follow on afterwards to dinner around the corner at Big Mamas
Korean restaurant.

If you're unable to be there in person, tune in to our live audio stream:
http://freesoftware.org.au/melbourne/streaming/

See you there!

Regards,
Ben

Event details
-------------
Thursday 18 June, 6-8pm (followed by dinner at nearby restaurant)
VPAC Head Office Training Room
Level 1, Building 91, 110 Victoria Street
Map: http://osm.org/go/uG4HZ6JiV?m
Running late or locked out? Call Ben on 0458 925 588.

--
Ben Sturmfels

Sturm
www.sturm.com.au