[free-software-melb-announce] Ben Minerds on Javascript frameworks, Ben Sturmfels on free software accounting, Melbourne 16 July

Ben Sturmfels ben at stumbles.id.au
Mon Jul 13 06:03:08 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

Great to see many new faces last month!

This month, Ben Minerds will be looking into various Javascript
frameworks, tools that make it feasible to build larger programs that
run inside a web browser. This has some interesting free software
aspects, to do with how you're running the programs simply by visiting
the website.

Now I don't admit this very often, but I have a fondness for
bookkeeping. So, given it's tax time again, I'll be briefly talking
about "Accounting in the Free World"; my experiences running my own
small business accounting on free software. Bernie Schelberg will be
presenting the Gnews. If you can join us, we'll follow on for dinner at
Classic Curry on Elizabeth Street.

If you're unable to be there in person, tune in to our live audio stream.

See you there!

Regards,
Ben Sturmfels
Event details

Free Software Melbourne
Thursday 16 July, 6pm-8pm (followed by dinner at nearby restaurant)

VPAC Systems Office
110 Victoria Street
Carlton South VIC
Australia Map: http://osm.org/go/uG4HZ6JiV?m

Running late or locked out? Call Ben on 0458 925 588.