[free-software-melb-announce] iPads in schools plus loads of Gnews this Thu 19 Feb

Ben Sturmfels ben at stumbles.id.au
Fri Feb 13 05:31:31 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

This Thursday we'll be talking about the widespread use of iPads in
primary schools and how kids are introduced to technology.

During dinner discussion with Deb Nicholson last month, we touched on
the idea of running  an OpenHatch event to help people get started in
contributing to free software. This sounded great, so we'll talk more
about logistics of this.

As always, there will be lots of Gnews, followed by dinner at nearby Big
Mamas Korean restaurant. We're now back to our regular monthly meetup
schedule, so be sure to mark 3rd Thursdays in your diary.

Look forward to seeing you!

Regards,
Ben

Free Software Melbourne
Thursday 19 February, 6pm
6-8pm (followed by dinner at nearby restaurant)
VPAC Head Office Training Room
Level 1, Building 91, 110 Victoria Street
Map: http://osm.org/go/uG4HZ6JiV?m