[free-software-melb-announce] Meet up this Thursday 16, free software to keep your passwords safe

Ben Sturmfels ben at stumbles.id.au
Mon Oct 13 01:02:57 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

It sounds like Software Freedom Day was a wonderful success (and I'm sad
I couldn't be there). Hope you all had a great day. Big thanks to Lilly,
Adam, Lev and Angus for coordinating the day and everyone else for
helping out.

This Thursday we're back to our normal meet up schedule. Adam will be
discussing how to keep your passwords safe with free software. We'll
also be discussing the privacy implications of recently laws enabling
wider spying and data retention.

Our friends at EFA and Electron Workshop are also running an event on
Friday call The Privacy Workshop - a day of big name speakers including
Senator Scott Ludlam (link below).

Regards,
Ben

Free Software Melbourne
-----------------------
Thursday 16 October
6-9pm (inc. dinner at nearby restaurant)

VPAC Head Office Training Room
Level 1, Building 91, 110 Victoria Street
Map: http://www.freesoftware.org.au/melb/

The Privacy Workshop
Friday 17 October
10am