[free-software-melb-announce] Jon Lawrence on Trans-Pacific Partnership, Thu 2014-07-17

Adam Bolte abolte at systemsaviour.com
Sat Jun 28 00:27:27 EST 2014

Howdy all,

The negotiations continue for extortionist mega-corporations, under
the guise of the US Trade Representative office, using secretive
international trade negotiations to bully Australia, and many other
countries, to enact laws favourable only to those corporations.

This is the Trans-Pacific Partnership
<URL:http://tppaustralia.org/what-is-the-tppa/>.

Our coming Free Software Melbourne meeting, Thursday 2014-07-17 from
18:00, will feature Jon Lawrence from Electronic Frontiers Foundation,
to lead a discussion about this deal which will have profound effects
on our software freedom in Australia and elsewhere.

Definitely one not to miss! Please spread the word to people likely to
be interested in this event and let us know.