[free-software-melb-announce] Next meeting: Thursday the 21st of June

Alex Fraser alex at phatcore.com
Sun Jun 17 07:31:04 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

The next Free Software Melbourne meeting will be held this Thursday,
the 21st of June at 6:00pm. Discussion topics include:

 1. Picking your battles in free software; see Eric S. Rayond's
article "Evaluating the harm from closed source" [1]
 2. Ben Sturmfels' talk on software patents at a recent IP Australia
forum in Sydney.

There should be time for more topics; feel free to bring them up on the night.

As usual, we will meet for two hours in the training room at VPAC from 6pm.

  Building 91 [2]
  110 Victoria Street
  Carlton South

We'll head out for dinner after the meeting to Classic Curry on Elizabeth St.

See you then,
Alex

[1] http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=4371
[2] http://www.freesoftware.asn.au/melb/