[free-software-bris] Have your say; naming the Brisbane free software group

Fraser Tweedale frase at frase.id.au
Tue Aug 19 10:34:51 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

It's time we decided an official name of the Brisbane free software
interest group.  Those present at the inaugural meeting decided that
the name shall *not* be "Free Software Brisbane" because that
abbreviates to FSB[1], which is the thing that used to be the KGB,
and we don't care for that ^_^

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Security_Service

Write in with your proposals and we will take a vote at the next
meetup on Thursday 4 September.  Suggestions from people not in
Brisbane are welcome, too.

My suggestion is "Software Libre Brisbane" but I'm sure you all can
do a lot better than that!

Cheers,

Fraser